Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Tools of the trade
When choosing your first night vision have a good browse before you buy, you might want something with a specific function or specification like clarity for example. I've used three different monocular's in my time watching the stars these are:

 Yukon Spirit Yukon Spirit 4x50 N/V 

 Yukon Ranger Yukon Ranger Digital N/V 5x42

 Yukon Hornet Yukon Twilight Hornet Digital N/V 5x50 

with these particular night vision's all of them require a capture card with an av cable. Except the Yukon Spirit, because I was relativity new to night vision's and so I decided to go with that one but as a year went on my specifications changed and I was sick of using a camera to record through the eye piece of the monocular so I decided to purchase the Yukon Ranger, It was pretty bulky but it came with an inbuilt Video signal adapter plug and with it's own custom 3.5mm jack with opposite av end cable. 
As good as the Yukon Ranger was it failed in comparison to the third night vision I bought, the Yukon Twilight Hornet! I enjoyed the night vision so much! it was light weight. Had more if not better functionality and the video was crisper than the Ranger. Also it took two AA batteries and preformed really well!, The Yukon Ranger took an astonishing 6* AA batteries for operation up to 8 hrs when the Hornet had the same power with less batteries.
DEBUT VIDEO CAPTURE
EASY-CAP Capture Card
To record the video output of the Digital Night vision's I used a program known as Debut Video Capture, I would plug in the night vision via AV cable and then plug that into another AV extension cable and then plug in the video cable into the capture card and insert the USB end into the laptop. Then proceed to finding the right signal and hit record simple as that, you can use other Video signal recording software but I prefer Debut personally.


Pulsar Recon 550R 4x50 Digital NV Recording Monocular Kit (250mW IR Laser, 2GB SD Card) 
This night vision I will be purchasing when I get my tax return. I like the fact that it takes an SD card for filming so I won't have to always bring my laptop outside with me and the AV cables. The AV cables ruin it's mobility slightly as sharp turns or motions that could cause the cable to unplug the capture card are very frustrating. I prefer to just take my night vision outside and the tripod and that's it! I can't wait to purchase this night vision and do a proper review on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment